55 Ways to Make Extra Money in 2023
Passive Income Beginner is about how to make extra money through passive income (twenty ways listed below) however, here are some additional ways to make extra money in 2023.
Making and saving extra money can completely change your life
My wife and I are both debt-free and we make (and save) money in a variety of different ways. The number one thing that we do consistently, is to stop spending money on stuff.
Saving money to us is basically making money.
Making extra money will benefit you in so many ways.
Some of these include:
- Helping you save for that much-needed vacation
- Paying off your debt and being debt free
- Stop living paycheck to paycheck
- Having better mental health because you won’t feel stuck at your job
- Being able to retire earlier
- Having multiple income streams
It is fun and rewarding to make extra money. Even if you only spend a couple of hours a day or a week, having that extra income frees you up to do so many other things.
OK now, let’s check out our 55 Ways to Make Extra Money in 2023
- Rent your car or truck
- Rent out your RV
- Make videos
- Become an Amazon Associate
- Write and sell an e-Book
- Wrap your vehicle
- Rent your land
- Rent to campers
- Create a print-on-demand store
- Start a dropshipping store
- Answer surveys
- Sell designs online
- Teach online courses
- Rent your amazing space
- Launch small businesses
- Create a mobile app
- Watch videos
- Travel writer
- Sell Stock photos online
- Test websites
- Be a freelancer
- Become a landscaper
- Walking dogs or pet sitting
- Obedience training
- Commute to work and make money
- Clearing snow
- Babysit or nanny for children
- Interior design
- Washing and detailing vehicles
- Design and sell jewelry
- Garage/yard sale
- Niche photographer
- Working construction
- Use your musical skills
- Teach English
- Find money owed to you or others
- Move people
- Become a tutor
- Donate blood/plasma
- Food delivery driver
- Actor or background actor
- Massage therapist
- Aupair or Caregiver
- Scuba diving instructor/Divemaster
- Package delivery driver
- Work a restaurant job
- Virtual Assistant
- Airbnb Experiences host
- Put together IKEA furniture
Passive Income Extra Money Ideas
1. Rent your car or truck – Rent your vehicle to others when you are not using it on Turo. Some entrepreneurs in tourist-heavy areas are buying a fleet of vehicles and renting them out and making some great income.
2. Rent out your RV – Help others have an amazing vacation when you rent out your RV on platforms such as Outdoorsy and RVshare in the USA and RVezy in Canada. You and your RV will be protected by their million-dollar policies. We have done this for years and make upwards of $50,000 per year with only one RV. Many other people on the platforms have multiple RVs.
4. Become an Amazon Associate – Share links with people that may want to purchase the same things that you recommend. If they do, you make a commission.
7. Rent out a portion of your land – If you have a large property, parking space, or storage area, you can rent your space and make extra money on a website called Neighbor.
8. Rent out to campers – We camped all over Hawaii using campsites listed on Hipcamp. These entrepreneurial homeowners are making money with their extra land all year long.
10. Start a dropshipping store – Even if you don’t have a lot of cash flow to begin with, dropshipping is a great way to earn extra money. Like all passive income ideas, it will take an upfront investment of time. You will need to create an e-commerce store where customers buy products. The supplier handles everything from manufacturing to packaging and fulfillment. Check out Shopify to learn more.
11. Answer surveys – Get paid to simply answer surveys and test products. The more companies you sign up with, the better your odds are that you will make the most money taking as many surveys that come along. Try Swagbucks, American Consumer Opinion, Survey Junkie, Survey Club, Pinecone Research, Opinion Outpost, Branded Surveys, and Prize Rebel.
12. Sell designs online – Using a site like Creative Market is a great place to generate passive income, selling digital designs online.
14. Rent your amazing space – If you have an amazing place that people would want to have meetings at, do film shoots, birthday parties, baby showers, weddings, or more, you can rent your space on Peerspace.
17. Watch videos – It’s as easy as watching videos on Hideout.tv and making some extra spending money. You will have to watch the ads on the videos but it’s something fun to do and get paid as well.
18. Travel writer – Can you capture a moment with descriptive words that others will enjoy reading? This may be the way to make extra cash doing something you enjoy. I did not have a background in writing, however, I have been published in many magazines, and been paid up to $350 for each article.
19. Sell Stock photos online – Companies and news organizations are looking for stock photos to add to their stories, websites, and more. Simply upload your high-quality images and add some tags. Look at other high-ranking photographers to see what’s selling. Gettyimages/iStock and EyeEm are sites where I’ve made money passively.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Join the free email course and finally learn how to generate a passive income, manage your money better, pay off debt, save more money, and reach financial freedom. Get our newsletter and get access to the freebie:
Active Income Extra Money Ideas
22. Become a landscaper – A great way to earn extra money because a lot of homeowners either do not have the time for this or it is not a task that they enjoy. Raking leaves, cleaning, gutters, killing/removing weeds, or simply mowing the lawn. You can use your own equipment/tools or ask the homeowner if they have the equipment you can use which will save you money upfront.
23. Walking dogs or pet sitting – During the holidays, summer, and even during the work week, walking animals and giving them exercise can both help you and the homeowners. You can simply make a flyer and put it around your neighborhood and you can even make extra money watering their plants.
24. Obedience training – If you love pets, you can train them for the owners. There are a lot of videos on YouTube to get you started and learn about animal behavior in how to train them.
25. Commute to work and make money – Be an Uber driver or Lyft driver and you can make money even on your morning commute. You simply just turn on the app and state where your route is going to be, pick up a passenger, and make money driving to work. Or, of course, you can just drive as a side hustle, and make some extra money.
26. Clearing snow – Depending upon where you live, clearing or shoveling snow will help your neighbors and put extra money in your pocket.
27. Babysit or nanny for children – Long before I had children of my own, I had babysat for numerous people, and always made some extra money. Now, with websites such as Care.com, it is much easier to get a babysitting job, or, of course, you can just network with friends and family and neighbors to make some extra income. My daughter does this and makes anywhere from $15-$30 an hour.
28. Do odd jobs as a handyman/person – If you know how to fix toilets, do minor electrical work, or do other types of handy jobs, this may be a great way to make extra money.
29. Housecleaner – Are you a clean freak and like to make extra cash cleaning? This may be a great opportunity for you. Cleaning entire houses, bathrooms, kitchens, bedrooms, or basements is something that most people do not want to do themselves.
30. Interior design – If you have a great eye for design, and have that feng shui talent, you can make extra money, by becoming an interior designer. Network with local real estate agents as they may need someone to prep a house before a showing.
31. Washing and detailing vehicles – You can either have your clients come to you or you can go to your clients and wash their vehicles on-site. This is a good moneymaker with a low upfront cost. You simply go to businesses and let their employees know that you will wash their cars while they are at work. Use your imagination.
32. Design and sell jewelry – It only takes a few tools and some talent to become a jewelry designer. My wife would make jewelry at night while watching TV and every so often goes to a large corporation, and after getting approval from management, she would sell her jewelry during the employee breaks and lunch hour and would make up to $900 and one show. She also had a shop on Etsy.
33. Garage/yard sale – It is amazing how many things we accumulate over time that others would love to have. When we downsized our home, we had numerous garage sales, sometimes making upwards of $800 in one day.
34. Niche photographer – A good friend of mine, started taking surfing photos and is now traveling the world and earning a great living. He is very successful because he uses social media to network with his fans. He also takes photographs for bands like Jack Johnson, blink-182 Pennywise, and many more.
35. Working construction – If you have not obtained the construction skills yet, you can possibly start work on-site cleaning up. My brother went to construction school when he was in his early 20s and that has served him well over his entire career. He can travel just about anywhere to get a job. Currently, he is working on building Hollywood movie sets.
36. Use your musical skills – Join a local band or go solo and you can make extra money and meet a lot of people in the process. I have friends that have become full-fledged rock stars and others who just work weekends at local clubs.
37. Teach English – This job can take you all around the world or you can even do it in your local community. Many people want to learn English as a second language. Try ESLCafe for more information.
38. Find money owed to you or others – I have been doing this for years and have found money for my friends, family, corporations, and even myself. In fact, I just found $94 which is owed to my wife a few minutes ago. Each state has an unclaimed property website that helps you find money that is owed to you from utility companies, dividends, old employers, etc. Check out Unclaimed.org to search for your state. Beware, it can get addicting. Comment below if you found some money!
39. Move people – Hire yourself out on Taskrabbit as an extra hand or make a great business moving furniture with someone else. Typically it takes two people to move and this is another extra money maker that people don’t want to do themselves.
40. Become a tutor – Are you good at math, English, science, or some other skill that others may want to pay you for, to teach their children? Network with others or create an ad on Craigslist or another local online media and set your own rates.
41. Donate blood/plasma – My wife used to work for the San Diego Blood Bank and they were always in need of blood. Many companies will pay you for your donation. Ask because sometimes businesses offer a “first-time donor bonus” and most donations will get you about $50 – $75. Google, “donate my plasma near me.”
43. Actor or background actor – Background actors (extras) make about $150 – $200 a day. Working with a casting agent helps, try Backstage, or Google, “extra casting” Ensure you work with a reputable, well-known firm since there are a lot of people in this business who will just take your money.
44. Hairstylist/Cosmetologist – Most states require you to become licensed, however, after investing in yourself, the rewards are great since you can work from anywhere and make amazing tips.
45. Massage therapist – This extra income gig actually takes a lot of hours of training before you get your license. If this is the kind of work that you would like, you can set up your own business and work for yourself.
46. Bartender – Learn on the job or go to a school and get a license. Once you know how to make amazing drinks, you can work anywhere in the world and the tips are amazing.
48. Scuba diving instructor/ Divemaster – You will have to work your way up from a recreational scuba diver to these certifications but going through a school like PADI, SSI, or NAUI can get you on the right track. I got paid to travel the world as a PADI Divemaster or you can just work weekends locally.
49. Modeling – There are a variety of different kinds of modeling jobs. You can work at trade shows, be a promotional model, or spokesmodel, or do print modeling. Agencies are looking for people of all shapes, sizes, and looks. Check out Backstage to learn more.
50. Package delivery driver – Amazon Flex stands out since most drivers make between $18 and $25 an hour (depending on location, tips, etc.). Signing up for “blocks” or shifts for a finite amount of time, allows you to better estimate your daily earnings. You need to be 21 years old, hold a valid license and have proper auto insurance to qualify.
51. Work a restaurant job – I had a blast in Hawaii working in the restaurant business when I was young. I got to meet so many people and walked home with cash tips every night. Work hosting, busing tables, waiting or even cooking. Plus, depending on the restaurant, you usually get one free meal per shift!
53. Airbnb Experiences host – A lot of people who stay at Airbnb are looking for fun things to do in the immediate area. We have used the Experiences platform in Mexico and had a blast. If you can create something fun for people to do around an Airbnb hotspot, you can make some great money and Airbnb covers you and your guests with free insurance.
54. Lifeguard – A great job at the beach, waterpark, or pool. Of course, you will need to be an excellent swimmer and typically you will need a lifeguard, first aid, and CPR/AED certification.
55. Put together IKEA furniture – Sounds easy enough, however people hate putting this stuff together. Hire yourself out on Taskrabbit and someone will hire you for this task and a whole lot more.
I truly believe that saving money is making money. Every penny you save on purchases is extra money in your pocket.
Extra ways to save money
Saving money on transaction fees and credit card fees – Get a credit card that pays you back – We make anywhere from $50-$200 a month paying off our credit card and receiving cash back. We use the Capitol One Venture One credit card with no annual fee, no international transaction fees, plus cash back.
Stop eating out – If you buy even one meal a day for $10 (which is super-cheap these days) you’re wasting $3,650.00 a year. That’s a round-the-world plane trip! Brown bag it.
Stop paying for your friend’s meals, or drinks – When I was young, I wanted to impress my friends by buying them meals and drinks. It was fun for a while until I realized how much money I was wasting. Have a heart-to-heart discussion with your friends/family and let them know that you are in a “money-saving mode” now and want to, “go dutch”. They will (should) respect you for this.
Did you think these are great ways to make extra money?
The list above is a great place to begin, with over 55 different ways to make extra money.
I also recommend being a little creative and checking out what else may interest you, as the list of good ways to make extra money does not end here – it goes on and on for pretty much forever.
With so many side hustles these days, you may find yourself being a stock photographer, an online tutor, or even just donating blood plasma to make some extra cash. The creative ideas and ways to make extra money are limitless.
We believe in you and your ability to achieve your dreams. We have done it. It just takes a little work and sticktoitiveness. Please let us know more about you and your journey in the comment section below. Check out My Journey here.
Thanks for reading. New content is coming soon…
Please share this post
Comments, Questions or Ideas
Please comment below if you found this helpful, what ideas worked for you, and if you have any questions or ideas for another blog post.